Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why Quick Scheduler was created

I work at Kroger. I get a new weekly schedule every Friday. At first I would write my schedule on scraps of paper and lose them. Then I would enter them into my phones calendar, but that takes a lot of time and way to many touches to do so -- approximately 25+ touches PLUS keyboard entry to name the event. So I originally began working on Quick Scheduler by devising a quicker method for entering a single time. This is the bread and butter of Quick Scheduler. Any time, 12:00, 2:30, 5:45, 6:50, can be entered by connecting two points (the hour and the minute) on a clock. One constraint is that only intervals of 5 can be entered for the minute. But who has to be at work at 12:42?

So, to enter 9:30, you touch on 9 drag to 6 (which is 30 minutes, you know how to read a clock don't you?), release.

7:45, touch on 7 drag to 9, release.

12:00, touch on 12, release. No line is needed for 12 obviously.

After you've entered your time, the hands appear on the clock as expected. Now one more tap to choose AM or PM and you're done. Once you get the hang of it, you can enter a full weeks worth of shifts with roughly the same number of touches required to manually enter a SINGLE entry on your Google calendar. It's fast. It's unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment